Thursday, May 16, 2013

Creative Everyday Challenge





Good Afternoon

I really was motivated on flowers I guess, I have two postings for Creative Everyday Challenge- the theme for May is flowers. The first page is done with stencils. I used Smooch spritz for the roses, some of the leaves are done with chalk, and some with markers. The other stencils are done with opaque markers and I finished it off with spray sealer. It is a very simplistic piece, but I like that about it.

The second page I am also posting in the Art Journal Journey challenge for May. The theme was to do a piece using a technique you don' typically use or uncomfortable using. I have never done masking before, so this piece I used a mask I received in a Scrapbook magazine along with the blender. So the first thing I did was place the mask, and tape in position, then I took chalk and blended over the mask in several colors. I have to admit I like the results. I used a light soft charcoal pencil to draw the flowers. Stamped a border at the bottom and used stick ons for the lettering. Sprayed with sealer and this page was complete. It is another simplistic piece but I like it. I can't wait to see everyone else's creations. Have a great day.

4 comments: