Friday, April 26, 2013

Paint Party Friday

 
 
This is one of my favorite pieces to date. This is "Paris Lights" and is painted on a 12x12 canvas. The background is Cobalt blue with Prussian blue blended, then while wet I blended Titanium white. The tower is lamp black, then highlights are Ochre Yellow and Gold. Dot highlights are Titanium white. I then added the lamp posts in Lamp Black with Yellow Ochre and Bright Yellow globes. After thoroughly drying I signed it and then sealed it with spray Gloss Mod Podge. So this is my posting for Party Friday. I can't wait to start a new piece for next week, but I have several works in progress for other challenges. I really need to get busy, but I am being side tracked by the soon to be birth of my third great grandchild. Bentley Moore Jenkins should arrive before the day is over God willing. I hope everyone has a creative and blessed weekend. 

1 comment:

  1. Hi Kathy,
    Your painting is beautiful and I very much like how you listed what colours you used for the painting. Wishing you and the family all the best with your new great grandchild.

    Your link from the PPF site shows a red warning sign "POSSIBLE PHISHING SITE" I had find you via thru google. ...it worked. Last week was the same issue. Thought you would like to know.

    ReplyDelete