Saturday, June 1, 2013

Inspiration Avenue Challenge




Wow this month zoomed by, all ready June 1. The theme for Inspiration Avenue Challenge was " What Memorial Day means to you". It kind of amazes me that a lot of people don't know the difference between Veterans Day and Memorial Day. My son in law had people telling him thanks for fighting for our country, and his reply was I think I am still alive.
Anyway I has a favorite nephew who did three tours in Iraq scaring me like crazy for everyone of them. Some of his buddies, comrades, and superiors were killed and this is difficult for him. So needless to say the fallen soldiers mean a lot to me. This is my piece this challenge indicating Memorial Day is for the fallen not the living.
It is really sad, the one collage shows one man in the military cemetery on Memorial Day. Hope you all have a great weekend and can't wait to see other participants pieces. Here is the link back. here

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for sharing your thoughts and your artwork on this challenge. Your son and nephew deserve a lot of support for their service.

    ReplyDelete